"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Theme and Variations...

On a day when I wanted to practice but had no subjects, I decided to try something a little "editorial". One of my favorite passages of scripture is Psalm 42...."As the deer pants for the water, so my heart longs for You". It's so easy for me to let my life get out of balance and, before long, I've neglected my relationship with the only One who completely satisfies my soul. Sometimes, it's easy to justify that... (after all, I have so much to DO!), but then I remember who wrote the words of that psalm. King David was responsible for ruling an entire nation (you can't get much busier than that!), but he knew the source of his wisdom and strength. He once wrote "early will I seek You". I love that and want to learn from him. It's a goal I don't always reach, but what peace when I do!

For fun, I decided to try a few different editing techniques.

The original...
Reduced saturation...
Cropped with black/white conversion...
Can't remember which effect this was in PSE, but I kinda liked it (camouflages the noise).
What do you think? Do you have a favorite?

1 comment:

  1. What fun to edit and experiment with PSE. My favorite is actually the original. I love the close up and angle of the bible too.

    ReplyDelete