"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ponds

This is the last day of Arboretum pics...I'm just as attracted to the water there as to the flowers (probably because I'm an Arizona girl, where natural water is scarce). I thought it was cool to watch them misting the pond.

The following is not a great shot, but I'm posting it to ask Kim a question. In order to correctly expose the pond in the shade, the sunny background with grass/flowers/trees was completely overexposed. I was able to somewhat salvage with editing, but how would you shoot that? I had the same problem with pics of Jon under the gazebo....Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. That's a definite problem. You've got a few options. One option is to take two shots, each metering for a different area (light/dark) and combine them in software. This is also an area where you could use a split neutral density filter to even out the exposure. No, I don't have one but it seems to be a common tool in landscape photography. For the Jonathan in the gazebo pics, I exposed for the background, and used my flash to light him.

    BTW, great tree pic! And funny timing. I'm posting mine now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kim's territory.........but I agree with what she said.

    ReplyDelete