"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, July 5, 2010

Action assignment...

Time to post more class homework. This time, we had to capture action in 3 different ways.

Panning: (It only took about 300 shots to get one I kinda liked...geeesh!) I was semi-hidden under a tree for shade and most of the drivers slowed down (thinking I had a radar gun). Funny!
Freezing motion at its peak with a slow shutter speed: (1/30-1/60)...Still see no point in this and I was not good at it...best attempt (thanks to Thomas)...not very "actiony", I'm afraid. (If I'd known everyone was going to turn in pics with blurry subjects, I would have chosen one with Thomas in the air. I mean, who uses SLOW shutter speed for this kind of shot?)
Free choice: (another copied idea....Saw this on Lisa's blog and thought I'd give it a whirl. In my defense, Lisa tried 'cause she saw it in a magazine....Is there any such thing as a truly original idea?) This was harder than I expected. I shot in bright sunlight so I could use a fast shutter speed. Kind of wish I'd tried a different time of day or shade....lighting looks harsh to me. (Yeah...next lecture was lighting.)
I won't be giving up my day job for a career in action photography! SO not my thing...but the challenge was fun (kinda).

3 comments:

  1. I did not like this assignment. I wasn't very creative when it came to action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the mailtruck shot. I know it is very hard to get this type, but you did it! Funny how people thought you were the police and would slow down....

    Don't really like the slowing down of people shot either. I've seen shots of people's feet walking by that were slowed down way more than 1/30 that looked really neat. But not really at this speed.

    You did great on the strawberry shot. I think if the glass is straight, it would have not had uneven lighting and the reflection/refraction? would not be there.

    ReplyDelete