"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tree swing...

Well, her first ride in the swing wasn't a complete disaster, but close. :) These were taken on her second ride. First a pep talk from Mommy:
Still a little hesitant...but better than that first day. Like most first children, she needs time to warm up to new things. :)
Any tips on how to get good swing pics? Maybe I shouldn't stand in front because the focus distance will constantly be changing...pretty sure I need a faster shutter speed...and that the shot is too tight. I'll back up next time. At any rate, I LOVE having a tree swing now! It says "Children welcome here"!

2 comments:

  1. Without going back and checking my settings from my swing pics (seems like a really long time ago) I do recall a fast shutter speed (at least 1/250) and smaller aperture, you might need to crank up the iso, flash won't be good in this situation.

    This will definitely be trial and error and lots of practice.....good thing she is so young and new to the swing.

    Yes, I agree it is inviting to children and welcoming!

    I'll look back and see if I can dig out any good swing pics and send 'em your way (with setting info).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think swing pics are hard! I use a smaller aperture too, to hopefully increase my field of focus. And as fast a shutter speed as possible. I also prefocus where I want to capture the shot. And it's usually easier to capture if you do it right at the point where the swing is about to head in the opposite direction. There's a slight lag then that will hopefully help.

    ReplyDelete