"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, July 16, 2010

Lighting assignment...

Time to post more homework. Our 4 lighting assignments were my favorite so far.

Silhouette - The sky was not what I hoped for that night....too dark and threatening to rain. It was sprinkling so we had to work fast. I want to try other silhouettes sometime! (Special thanks to my "model" and student, Caroline!)
Side lighting (to add volume/texture) - I'm becoming obsessed with shooting food..all those great colors/textures!
Back lighting (trotted out an old arboretum pic)
"Free" choice (Is it really free when he strongly "suggests" we use shadows?...not my favorite... But check out my friend Janet's creative shot and her article about its personal, emotional impact...http://janetnews.com/blog/photography-journey-becomes-a-personal-journey )

2 comments:

  1. You definitely fulfilled the assignments.

    My favorite is the silhouette. By taking shots with the other types of lighting will always make you think before you take your next shot.

    It's a good thing to learn so early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them but think the last one is super cool! Your work is so impressive Barb!

    ReplyDelete