"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Butterfly Magic, Pt. 1...

We had plans for the Desert Museum, but opted for the indoor Butterfly Magic exhibit at the Botanical Gardens instead. Speedy things and I couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed. Took a ton of pics and still never got any that do justice to God's beautiful creatures. When we first got there, I was too intent on chasing my subjects. There were more shooting opportunities when I finally stood still. :) Must learn patience!

The ones I loved most were the Blue Morphos. They're bigger than some and their colors so vibrant...almost fluorescent.
Even beautiful with wings closed! Notice the friend riding piggy back. :)
There's not much skill involved in capturing feeding butterflies, but I thought they posed nicely...especially the upside down one, doin' tricks for us! :)
Disappointed I couldn't find the name of this one, but love the contrast with the red.

Will post more over the next few days. Was amazed at the variety we saw! There's no end to God's imagination...


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the first one!!! So artistic and beautiful! They're all great but the first one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the last one..I love the black/white on the vibrant red. Yes, I agree they are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete