"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finally there!

First stop...my mom's new apartment! She moved from her townhouse a few months ago into a retirement facility and this was my first time to see it. What a nice place and she looks right at home.
She's still trying to give away things she no longer has room for. She sent me home with my old senior portrait. Check out my mini-me!
Mom was trying to find takers for her minks too...the lovely, extravagant gifts my grandfather gave her every Christmas. We made my nephew's daughters model for us and they were workin' it!!! :)
It was my first time to meet Raelyn, Jamey and their mom Susan. I hadn't seen their dad Pete since he was a teenager. I think he looks like his dad, but I see some of my own dad in this shot.
I'm so thankful they were willing to drive from Phoenix to meet us along with my sister Mary and niece Jean. Later my sister Ann Marie and her 2 grandchildren came too! We had 15 people crammed into Mom's apartment. So much fun!!! Crowded tho'....Pete and his girls stepped out on Mom's balcony to get some fresh air and I couldn't resist this shot.
There's some motion blur and the sky's blown out, but I still love it....the light hitting the girls' faces and the way they adore their dad. Pete was diagnosed with a brain mass a little over a year ago and had surgery but is doing great. Life is precious...and you can tell this family knows it!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last shot all because the focus is on the people and not the scenery. I like how the girls are looking at Pete and laughing... although we don't know what he said, and we can't see his face, but in this picture you automatically like the guy.

    ReplyDelete