"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hummingbird aviary...

One of the cool places at the Desert Museum. Again, I had to learn to just stand still and wait and watch. These guys were fast and SO much smaller than I imagined!
The last 2 shots are actually the same bird. He would occasionally "light up" like this and show us his fluorescent neck. At one point, I was standing next to an official museum photographer with her fancy equipment. :) It was obvious she does a LOT of waiting. Guess you have to be patient to be a wildlife photographer! Would love to see what she got that day...

2 comments:

  1. Excellent shots...your patience paid off. Yes, these birds are tiny, but you made the one eating from the red flower and his wings flapping look big.

    My favorite is the 2nd shot with the little guy on the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Great shots. I love taking pics of birds. They are my favorite subjects.

    ReplyDelete