"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, January 14, 2011

The long and winding road...

Did I mention it was a l-o-n-g trip? :)
I'm such a home body that it had been about 5 years since I'd traveled. Funny how things have changed. What did we do before electronic gadgets? Oh yeah, I remember...we read maps and played the license plate game. :) When Nathan wasn't driving, he was plugged in to his phone listening to audio books.
So were Kara and Jenny...and me? I was the official Baby Entertainer and I loved it! Hannah surprised us tho', because the champion napper didn't sleep much in the car. I sang a LOT of kiddie songs (making everyone grateful for those earphones) and fetched the toys she threw out of her car seat. :) Amazingly, she played happily for long stretches of time chewing on the plastic heart attached to her jacket zipper. :)
When it was nap time, I would take everything out of her reach and lower the canopy on her car seat. She'd cry for a while and when she got quiet, we'd think she was asleep. More often than not, she'd managed to find a "toy"...the handle or zipper of a purse, charger cords, even her socks she'd pull off. :) She took a few naps, but didn't sleep long and was awakened easily....often by "Suzy"....
The GPS was great, especially after we learned to turn the volume down for naps. Yep, it was a long road trip... and here is Hannah's "how many more miles" face to prove it! :)





2 comments:

  1. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! Love the story these tell!! Great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the GPS shot....great dof! Right on! I love the other shots too and it sounds like you had a great road trip.

    ReplyDelete