"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another day, another rehearsal...

"I am a dancer. I believe that we learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living.... In each it is the performance of a dedicated precise set of acts, physical or intellectual, from which comes shape of achievement, a sense of one's being, a satisfaction of spirit. One becomes in some area an athlete of God. ~Martha Graham, c.1953"
Yep, 365 again. This day was "high angle shot". Many thanks to my model, Caroline, for her lovely feet and hands. When Kara saw this she asked where I shot it. She was surprised to learn it was in my kitchen. Hmm....but I don't have wood floors. Can you guess how I did it? I brought out the leaf from my oak table and put it on the floor for Caroline to sit on. Worked like a charm! :) I love this shot...the texture of the wood, the shadow from the window...and of course the graceful arms and legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment