"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Portrait of a lady...

Well, one good thing about the 365 is that there's plenty of fodder for the blog! Shot this for the challenge of "aged". Amy Ruth a wonderful lady from our church. I visit with her most mornings on my way out to my car as she's waiting for the handicap transportation to pick her up. I was thankful she let me take her picture that day. I didn't tell her the topic was aged, tho'...thought that might be a little offensive. I asked her lots of questions while I was shooting and loved hearing about her life. She told me she's 88 and she was married for only 2 years because her husband passed away. She is retired from working for Dallas Seminary. She seemed happy that I could e-mail her a copy of her picture so she could send it to her brother...."so he could see how old she'd gotten"! lol. What a precious lady! She never misses a Sunday at church and she spends a lot of time praying for others. She asks me all the time about my son in law, Nathan, and how he's doing after his kidney transplant. What a treasure!
Gave her a copy of both color and b/w. I prefer b/w...what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment