"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, March 7, 2011

The child within...

Yeah, she's 16 and growing up fast. She looks so stylish in her trendy clothes and pretty make up. Still, if we're lucky, we can sometimes catch a glimpse of the child in her. I'm grateful she has not abandoned the whimsy that makes her uniquely her. I hope she never does!
As you probably guessed, this was for the 365. The challenge was "caught in the act" so I tried to capture the motion of the pinwheel and imply that I caught a teenager enjoying a childish toy. The bubbles from yesterday were attempts for the same challenge, but when I saw how pretty the late afternoon light was in this shot, I knew it was the one I'd use. Love how the bokeh is radiating out from the pinwheel. Pure luck...In hindsight, I think I should have used a slightly faster shutter speed. I wouldn't want to freeze the pinwheel, but would have liked to see some of the individual blades in the blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment